Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Can Having Chicken Pox Make

barley soup in a high speed

As you can see at Siglinde is with us now a thing of the autumn feed. The woods are stained and outside it is cold. What do we need? Something with which he can warm up: soup. For us, this soup is very simple, "Gerscht. I have hated as a child (Like so many things I love today). My mom has, however, as a flavorful addition only the rind of the bacon added to the soup and cooked until it was tough. Thereafter, the rubbery rind is cut into thin slices and as a supplement to the soup 'style. My grandma has the bacon rind love to nibble with your coffee: (
It was not spoiled, just as we
Normally, the "Gerscht" two hours at the stove cooking slowly along past you have stirred up in the kitchen, the large wood stove and was.. warm all day. Because it did not matter whether a pot of soup has simmered on it.
I cook today with the pressure cooker and have reduced the time to the minimum. be the first time, the pot 5 minutes under pressure, the second time I let go off the valve only to the second ring, that's the whole energy. Here we go into detail
:

barley soup

ingredients for 10 people:
  • 100 g bacon or regular bacon
  • 100 g barley
  • 1.5 liters of water
  • 300 g smoked meat (I am usually smoked pig-crested)
  • 1 small onion 1 carrot
  • 1 / 2 kl. Leek 1 carrot
  • kl first Celery salt
  • little oil
  1. I cut the bacon (without Rind) into small cubes and sauté it in a little oil.
  2. I wash the barley (so the soup is more clear when it will not wash the creamy soup) they give to the bacon, pour the water to the smoked meat and put a close, the pan and let cook until the soup until the automatic boost, the valve closes. Now I must
  3. wait until the second ring from the valve is visible, then I switch quite small, so that holds the valve in this position. However, I cook with gas, electric cookers in a little earlier, I must remember to switch back.
  4. After 5 minutes I take the pan off the heat and allow the valve to go down slowly.
  5. In the meantime, I brush the vegetables and cut everything small.
  6. Once the valve is gone in the pot, I open the pot and give to the vegetables.
  7. I let the soup boil again, until I see the second ring, but then take the pot from heat and wait again until the valve has reduced completely.
  8. I cut open the pot, the meat into small pieces, there were back in the soup, add salt or slightly (from meat and bacon is salted a bit) and serve with a piece of homemade bread.

I always cook this great crowd. Warmed up, this soup even better. Mostly I still have a dessert such as a homemade chocolate pudding or apple strudel or whatever is just at hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment