Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Should I Go To A Gay Bathhouse

How Astrid Lindgren came into my kitchen cooking classes

Astrid Lindgren's books have I read as a child, loved, devoured all the movies anyway.
When my children were allowed the right age, I enjoy the second time these stories and I was again excited, though I saw it this time from the perspective of adults. But in our hearts we remain so all children and children's stories by Astrid Lindgren understand just too well.
As Astrid Lindgren died in 2002, devoted our then very small library, a special exhibition of this famous woman. I borrowed at the time of her biography. Her story has touched me very much. For me it was new that their books were first loved by children and adults strongly criticized. Mainly because its main characters, like Pee or Ronja , did not fit the idea of a well-behaved child.
some point in the book she says that she, as a reminder that children are not proposing a stone auf die Küchenanrichte, gelegt hat. You have to imagine that all this has happened in the years between 1940-1950. At that time corporal punishment was still normal.
Our children have brought from every walk stones, which they have occurred especially beautiful in their pockets. Then, as a stone is once stayed with us in the kitchen. Not that I would have been a violent mother and needed this reminder, but the thought that one of the stone in memory of peacefulness, I liked it. Since every time I think of Astrid Lindgren, if I have the stone in his hands. Fortunately, he has moved ever in a court!
2004 after we Sweden traveled, now experts Lindgren stories. We were simple in their birthplace and to her, very simple grave, a simple stone in the grass. A tear is still there.
country and its people are to fall in love. We have eaten in Sweden but not very good. Only the coffee and baked goods that are unique, such as cinnamon rolls, we enjoyed thoroughly.
For vegetables, we are just spoiled, I must admit!
I have for you today a quick thing:



Carcioffi (artichokes) and basmati rice with Eierdip

  • artichokes, lemon juice for every one
  • Olive oil
  • salt

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 / 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • herb salt
  • pepper
  • chives, finely sliced into rolls

  • 3 cups water
  • 2 cups basmati rice
  • little butter salt
  1. artichokes are sold with a stick, like broccoli. Both the inflorescence of a plant and in both, if you peel the stem, tastes just as good as the rest of the vegetables. So I peel the stem very carefully, until only the bright interior is left, However, these rub immediately with lemon, artichokes because the meat would immediately color black.

  2. I fill ground-water covered in the pressure cooker, put into the artichokes, pour olive oil over it and salts strongly endorse the pot and place it over the flame.
  3. Once the second ring is visible, I switch small and set the timer for 15 minutes.
  4. now I bring in a pot of water for the rice to cook, pour the rice in a colander, rinse it under running water and drain him leave until I need them.
  5. put in a small pot of water over me again, piks two eggs, so you do not jump when I give them into boiling water.
  6. Once the water is boiling for the rice, I salts it and I stir it up a bit of butter and the rice. I wait until it boils, then turn quite small, cover it and leave him 12 minutes.
  7. are after about 10 minutes to cook the eggs. I let it cool down in cold water, peel them and add to the Fincut. Vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper is involved, and I chop the eggs in no time, while they are mixed with the rest. I stir in the chives and the dip had been completed.

  8. I let the pressure cooker under a cold water jet evaporate in the sink.


The dip and the rice is a delicious dish, even for the evening, as it is easy to digest. How healthy is the artichoke, I need not tell you that you're all already know. The best of the artichoke is the heart, after having removed the hay. For as Amelie says to the greengrocer, "Even an artichoke has a heart".

How do you eat an artichoke? I take each sheet and pull off the vegetables and meat, which lies on the wide side of the leaf, with the teeth. It is that simple!

0 comments:

Post a Comment